Monday, July 23, 2012
Chipped Beef Cheese Steaks - Cheese Sauce
The other night night I made chipped beef cheese steaks again. They were delicious, and this time I decided to try a cheese sauce instead of using American cheese. I found a recipe in Cooking Light for Philly Cheese Steaks that had a cheese sauce with it, so I just made the cheese sauce with my chipped beef cheese steaks. It made the whole process easier because I did not have to melt the cheese over the sandwiches in the oven, instead I just piled the meat in the roll, poured sauce on top and we were ready to eat! Overall, I like the cheese sauce, but I still like it with American cheese, so I will probably continue to do it both ways, depending on what we feel like at the time. Enjoy!
Cheese Sauce
2 tsp. flour
1/2 cup milk
1 ounce provolone cheese, torn into small pieces
2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
Place flour in a small saucepan; gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add cheeses and mustard, stirring until smooth. Keep warm (mixture will thicken as it cools). Serve over top of cheese steaks.
Labels:
Beef,
Sandwiches
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment