Last night we had the ultimate Lancaster County dinner..... and it was awesome! I purposefully made it before starting school next week because during the school year I do not have enough time to come home and put it in the oven so it is ready for dinner. We love Gene Wenger hamloaf, especially with a hamloaf sauce that has been passed down through my family. Whenever we have hamloaf, I always make cheesy potatoes to go with it. It just seems to fit. This recipe is from my Aunt Janie.... I think. The greenbeans were one of the packs I froze earlier in the summer from our rows at the farm. I'm glad we have leftovers for lunch today. I will be eating mine during a special ed. in-service....
Ham Loaf Sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
Bring all ingredients to a boil and then pour over hamloaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 2 hours.
1 bag shredded hash brown potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 stick melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Buttered corn flakes
Mix all ingredients together and place in a 9x13 baking dish (or divide between 2 9x9 pans and freeze one of them for later... which is what I do since there is only 2 of us!). Top with buttered corn flakes before placing in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Just made it tonight. I have tried many different variations of the cheesy potatoes, yours are the best!!!!
ReplyDelete