Last night, after my first day of school, I wanted a simple and quick meal for dinner and this dinner was the perfect dish. It is so easy to make, especially if you already have cooked, cubed 1 cup packs of chicken in the freezer...which I do! It takes as long to make as it takes to cook pasta, and looks and tastes like it took much longer. Enjoy!
Pasta with Chicken and Mushrooms
Serves: 4
Salt and Pepper
3/4 lb. bowtie pasta
1 lb. chicken tenders (or 1 cup pack of chicken)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. small white button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook pasta until al dente, according to the package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in a large skillet until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. OR pull a bag of chicken out of the freezer =)
3. Add mushrooms to pan; season with salt and pepper. and butter. Cook until mushrooms release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add wine; cook, stirring until evaporated, 2-3 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low. Add cream and chicken. Stir to coat. Add pasta and pasta water (if desired). Toss to combine. Season again with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Interesting that you bag your chicken in 1/2 c. bags...I always do 2 c. bags because I found that's what most recipes I have call for. I would have thought 1 lb of chicken tenders would yield more cooked chicken than 1/2c. I'd probably use a 2c bag of chicken because that's what I have. But in your picture, it looks like a good amount of meat to balance out the pasta. Just a thought...
ReplyDeletefine, rub it in that you have perfectly cooked & cubed chicken in your freezer... :P
ReplyDeleteDidn't we make your chicken packs 1 cup each??
ReplyDeleteYes!! I wrote it wrong... I did put in my 1 cup pack of chicken. I don't know why I thought it was a 1/2 cup, maybe I was thinking it was half of what we normally do since I usually make half portions of meals. I'm glad I have you both to check for my mistakes. I fixed it on the blog =)
ReplyDelete