Thursday, August 4, 2011

Maple Glazed Salmon

So, remember when I said that I couldn't wait for salmon to go on sale? Well, it did this week at Giant! I was very excited to make it again since I probably only get it a few times a year. This time, we decided to grill it, not on tin foil, but directly on the grill. I always thought it would stick to the grill and ruin the fish, but we found out through Tyler's old boss that if you coat the fish in olive oil, and put olive oil on the grill, it won't stick. So, I crossed my fingers and gave it a try... and it worked! No sticking at all. It looked great with the grill marks and it had a nice grilled flavor to it. We loved it and probably sounded rediculous as we ate it, mentioning every few seconds how wonderful it was =) This recipe for salmon is from Cooking Light and the only thing I changed was that I didn't add the cumin or ancho chili powder, partly because I don't have it, partly because we don't like spicy foods. It is a great recipe for the grill, just remember the olive oil!

Maple Glazed Salmon

1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground ancho chili powder (didn't use)
1/4 tsp. ground cumin (didn't use)
1/4 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 salmon filets
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
Olive Oil

Combine first 6 ingredients, rub spice mixture evenly over flesh side of filets. Brush olive oil on both sides of fish and on the grill. Place fish on the grill, flesh side up. Let set until fish is cooked 1/3 of the way up the fish - 3-5 minutes. Flip and grill another 3-5 minutes until fish flakes or until desired degree of doneness. Take off the grill. Before serving, brush filets with maple syrup. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment