Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hawaiian Wedding Cake

This is a recipe that I have had in my recipe binder for years but never made. It is from my mom and I kept thinking, I should try that sometime, but never did. So, when our friends came over last weekend, I thought it would be a good time to give it a try since it is lighter, summer type cake. I also used it as Tyler's surprise birthday cake for his 25th birthday. Even though his birthday wasn't until Aug. 7th, I thought a little surprise cake and cards would be a fun way to celebrate. We did have fun and he was surprised with a cake full of candles =) The cake itself isn't the prettiest cake, but it is very refreshing! I am thinking of trying to make it into cupcakes...next time!

Hawaiian Wedding Cake

Yellow Cake Mix - bake and cool
8 oz. package cream cheese
20 oz. can crushed pineapples (drain well)
Small box Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 large Cool Whip

1. Bake and cool cake
2. Mix cream cheese, instant pudding (dry) with pineapple juice. Pour over cake.
3. Place pineapples on top next.
4. Top with Cool Whip.

*Make the cake the day before serving. Top with cool whip right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment