As I mentioned yesterday, we did a progressive dinner this past weekend with some of Tyler's cousins and our house was the first stop with appetizers. I made the Texas Caviar and Sausage Wonton Stars. I made these one other time, for a superbowl party this past year, and they were a big hit. The recipe is from Tyler's mom and is easy and delicious. It is a great finger food and perfect for parties.
Sausage Wonton Stars
1 package (12 oz.) wonton wrappers
1 lb. sausage
2 cups shredded colby cheese ( I used sharp cheddar)
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red pepper
1 small green onion
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
Press wonton wrappers into bottom and sides of greased miniature muffin tins. The corners will stick up like stars. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Meanwhile cook sausage over medium heat with onions until no longer pink. Drain off fat and add other ingredients. Spoon into cups and bake for an additional 6-7 minutes or until heated.
No comments:
Post a Comment