Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pork Tenderloin Saute with Peaches and Orzo with Spinach and Parmesan

Last night I tried a new recipe that is specifically for this late summer season. I never thought of putting pork tenderloin and peaches together, but when I saw the recipe in Cooking Light I thought...well, we like pork, and we like peaches, so why not together! It was really good. I like the sauce with the peaches, a hint of white wine with the thyme and shallots was a good combination. It is one of those recipes that I will only make once or twice a year, during the month of August - something to look forward to for next year =)
I also tried orzo for the first time tonight. Shawna was telling me how much her girls love it and so I decided it was time to give it a try. I loved it! Shawna gave me a quick and easy recipe for it that I will definitely be making as a side dish with many of my meals.

Pork Tenderloin Saute with Peaches

2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 lb. pork tenderloin - cut into 1 inch slices and tenderized
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. thinly sliced shallots
1 tsp. thyme
1 peach - cut into slices
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tsp. honey
2 tsp. butter

1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Grill pork tenderloin on the grill - or in a skillet
2. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan and then add shallots, thyme and peaches and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 2 minutes). Stir in broth and honey; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in butter. Spoon sauce over pork and serve. Serves: 2.

Orzo with Spinach and Parmesan

Cook and drain orzo. Pour the orzo back into the saucepan. Stir in a bunch of baby spinach and put the lid on it. Wait a few minutes and stir it again. After about 4 minutes total, the spinach is wilted. Stir in salt and Parmesan cheese before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you tried it and that you liked it~ I have a pork and peaches recipe from the Food Network Magazine that I made for the first time this summer and it was delicious. I have a handful of seasonal recipes like that...I make them about once a year. The girls and I went berry picking yesterday and I made my annual Raspberry-Cream Cheese Muffins - an old Cooking Light recipe - SOOOO YUMMY! I make them every summer when we pick red raspberries!

    ReplyDelete