Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Baked Oatmeal
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Did you wear red or pink today? I sure did....I think it is a requirement to being a teacher - I wore my pink sweater, pink scarf and pink earrings =)
Tonight we are going out to dinner at the Fireside in Strasburg. I'm looking forward to it, and so is my stomach.... it is growling right now as I wait for Tyler to get home from work.
This morning I woke up early and made Baked Oatmeal for my valentine instead of the normal bowl of cereal. It tasted so good again! This recipe is from Colleen Keller and is probably my favorite breakfast.
After I took the picture, I also added brown sugar and warm milk....yum!
Baked Oatmeal
1 1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
warm milk
fruit and/or brown sugar
Combine first 8 ingredients and mix well. Spread in a greased 9x9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve into bowls and add warm milk. Top with fruit and/or brown sugar.
Note: I normally triple this recipe for 9x13 and bake longer - around 40-45 minutes.
Labels:
Breakfast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment