I made this new recipe for dinner tonight from Cooking Light and it was very good! I changed the recipe a little and cooked my pork on top of the stove instead of roasting it in the oven. I also don't have white wine vinegar, so I used 1 Tbsp. white wine and 1 Tbsp. vinegar. I also have no clue what creame frache is.... and am glad that the recipe had an alternative of sour cream, which I ended up using.
Tomorrow is an early dismissal day for the kiddos and an afternoon of meetings for me..... maybe a light coating of snow on the ground will make the time go faster =)
Pork Tenderloin with Mushroom Sauce
Serves: 4
1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed
3/4 tsp. salt, divided
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
1 (8 oz.) package button mushrooms, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley
1. Cut pork into 1 inch slices and tenderize until 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and saute on both sides until cooked through. Remove from pan and cover.
3. Add mushrooms, saute 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, and saute 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in vinegar, and bring to a boil; scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and broth; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 7 minutes). Remove from heat, and stir in creme frache (or sour cream) and mustard. Place 3 oz. pork on each of 4 plates and toss with about 2 1/2 Tbsp. sauce. Garnish with parsley.
4. I recommend serving it with mashed potatoes....delish!
No comments:
Post a Comment