Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Roasted Pepper and Ham Stratas


I made this new breakfast dish on Saturday morning with my new ramekins. The recipe is from Rachael Ray and I have been wanting to try it for awhile now, except we continually ran out of our chipped ham for lunches by the weekend and I was always left ham-less. This week, we finally had extra and I was so glad I got to make them... they are really good! I love the soft, cheesy bread with the roasted pepper and ham. The recipe makes 8 ramekin dishes, so I quartered the recipe and only made two. They would be really cute though for a brunch party and they are not hard to make.  

 Roasted Pepper and Ham Stratas

Serves: 8

6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp. salt
5 cups cubed day-old bread
1/4 lb. ham, diced
1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh chives

1. Whisk eggs, milk and salt.
2. Divide half of bread among eight 4 oz. greased ramekins; top with ham, roasted peppers, half the egg mixture and half the cheese.
3. Finish with remaining bread, egg and cheese. Divide butter among tops.
4. Refrigerate overnight (optional - I didn't)
5. Bake at 350 degrees until set, about 25 minutes. Top with chives.

1 comment:

  1. these look really good! p.s. tyler is so lucky to have hot, creative breakfasts on saturdays...

    ReplyDelete